Tuesday 10 September 2013


A bicycle parts dealer, Uchenna Nweke, has been arrested by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency for ingesting heroine.

Nweke, 40, was discovered to have ingested 1.700kg of heroin during a search of passengers at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos.

NDLEA Lagos Airport Commander, Mr. Hamza Umar confirmed the arrest.

He said, “Nweke under observation, excreted 100 wraps of substances that tested positive for heroin weighing 1.700kg. He is currently cooperating with the investigation team and has provided useful information.”A father of one, Nweke claimed he was forced into drug trafficking because of a debt of N9m.

He said, “I was a successful dealer of bicycle parts until when I lost N9m to fraudsters in 2009. That was the beginning of my problems. I am so heavily indebted right now that I am scared to switch on my cell phones.

“Apart from my immediate family that I have to care for, I have a brother who has been bedridden for three years. They all look up to me for assistance.

“I unhappy with what I have done; circumstances forced me to collect N450,000 to smuggle drugs from Pakistan.”

Chairman/Chief Executive of the NDLEA, Mr. Ahmadu Giade described the Nigeria-Pakistan route as one gaining notoriety for drug trafficking.

He said, “Our searchlight has been beamed on this route to frustrate the activities of drug trafficking syndicates. NDLEA intends to increase its search and surveillance operations.”
Different Themes
Written by Dondumex

Nigeria's King blogger, entrepreneur and God-lover.

1 comment :